QR Code Link to This Post
$24.00 – $26.00 Hourly
We are currently seeking an experienced heavy equipment operator for a construction project in Cheyenne area.
Excavator, front end loader, motor grader, and dozer experience is needed.
As an equipment operator you can expect to:
• Install underground utilities.
• Fuel and grease equipment daily.
• Maintain a safe, clean job site and work environment.
• Over-excavate and recompact.
• Operate equipment in an efficient manner.
• Follow instructions for on-site management.
• Follow all equipment monitoring and maintenance requirements.
• Move/load material utilizing dozers, excavators, loaders, etc.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
• You will be working outdoors, so expect extreme weather fluctuations.
• You should be able to work in a high-stress environment.
• You’ll need to be able to lift loads up to 75 lbs or more.
• Use of both arms and legs is required.
• You must be able to climb, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
• Acceptable level of correctable vision for near, distance, color, peripheral and depth perception is required.
• Sufficient hearing for being aware of backup alarms, hearing equipment and for normal conversations is required.
• High school diploma or GED is preferred.
• 2+ years experience in heavy civil/highway construction.
• You must pass a pre-employment drug screen and alcohol test.
• Ability to work extended hours, possible nights/weekends.
• Ability to meet all safety requirements and policies.
• Experience in Earthwork & Utilities.
• Knowledge of grading & excavating foundations.
• Knowledge on cutting slopes to a safe grade.
• Knowledge of trench safety.
• Must have personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to: a hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest, steel toe boots, seat belt, and gloves.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.